Découverte sériesque : Downton Abbey


  • Mes personnages féminins préférés
Mary Crawley
"I wish Matthew were here. It’s funny. I feel as though I’m only half myself without him."

Violet Crawley
"I’m not a romantic, but even I concede that the heart does not exist solely for the purpose to pump blood."

Sybil Crawley
"Sometimes, it feels as if all the men I have ever danced with are dead. I just feel so useless, wasting my life while they sacrifice theirs."

Anna
"I love you Mr. Bates. I know it’s not ladylike to say it, but I’m not a lady and I don’t pretend to be."
  • Mes personnages masculins préférés :
Matthew Crawley
"You’ve lived your life, and I’ve lived mine. Now it’s time we live them together."

Carson
"You see, I think I can help her, in those early years, when I can help her get it right. And if I can, I must."
  • Ma saison préférée :
La saison 2
"War has a way of distinguishing between the things that matter and the things that don’t."
  • Mes épisodes préférés :
Les "season finale"
"Matthew Crawley: Then will you?
Lady Mary Crawley: You must say it properly. I won't answer unless you kneel down and everything!
Matthew Crawley: Lady Mary Crawley, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?
Lady Mary Crawley: Yes!"
  • Mes acteurs/actrices du casting favoris :
Michelle Dockery
"Haven’t you heard? I don’t have a heart. Everyone knows that."

Jessica Brown Findlay
"Sybil: But Granny you don't really want things to go back to the way they were, surely.
Violet: Well of course I do, and as quickly as possible."

Maggie Smith
"Matthew: Sorry for the vase.
Violet: Oh don't be. It' was a wedding present from a dreadful, dreadful aunt. I've hated it a half a century."

Dan Stevens
"I never know which is worse: the sorrow when you hit the bird or the shame when you miss it."

Allen Leech
"The truth is, I'll stay at Downton until you're ready to run away with me."
  • Mes couples/duos préférés :
Mary / Matthew
"I can never be happy with anyone else as long as you walked the earth."

 Carson / Mrs Hughes
"Mr. Carson: Now, if I was a gentleman, I wouldn't want to know.
Mrs. Hughes: But you're not.
Mr. Carson: Fortunately."

Violet Crawley / Isobel Crawley
"Isobel: I'll take that as a compliment.
Violet: Then I must have said it wrong !"

Mary / Carson
"You know me, Carson. I'm never down for long."
  • Un personnage que je défendrai toujours :
Mary Crawley
"You’re a darling. But you see, I’m not as sad as I should be. And that’s what makes me sad."
  • Un personnage que je n'arrive pas à apprécier :
Daisy
"It may be wrong that I'm complaining with Mr. Bates the way he is, but it reminds me that life's short and I'm wasting mine."
  • Le premier personnage que j'ai aimé :
Violet Crawley
"No family is ever what it seems from the outside."
  • Les personnages que je ne pensais jamais aimer autant :
Mary & Matthew Crawley
"Mary: But what about Papa? I do love him.
Matthew: Love him, by all means. But believe in me."
  • Le personnages que je n'aime pas mais que tout le monde aime :
William Mason
"Does this mean you'll be my girl? Daisy, because if it does I think I can tackle anything."
  • Le personnage que j'aime mais que les autres n'aiment pas :
Mrs O'Brien
"I don't say anything to him, m'lady, besides 'pass the salt' and 'get out of the way."
  • Le personnage qui me ressemble le plus
D'après ma meilleure amie, ce serait à Sybil Crawley ...
"I will not give him up!"
  • Le personnage à qui j'ai envie de donner des baffes :
Edith Crawley
"I don't want to fall out with Papa, but I don't want to be invisible, either. I've had enough of it."

Downton Abbey est définitivement mon coup de cœur de l'été ! Cette série n'a pratiquement que des qualités. La plus frappante est probablement sa beauté : la beauté des paysages, la beauté des costumes, la beauté du château ... Je suis vraiment tombée sous le charme de cette Angleterre des années 1910. Ensuite il y a l'histoire, elle n'est pas extraordinaire, elle n'est pas forcément meilleure qu'une autre mais elle m'a fait son effet ! Elle m'a fait tomber amoureuse de Mary Crawley, cette jeune femme qui cache un grand nombre d'émotions derrière un mur qu'elle s'est bâti . Elle paraît souvent froide mais cette apparence lui permet d'être forte et de parvenir à surmonter ses problèmes. C'est d'ailleurs, à mon avis, sa plus grande qualité : malgré toute les tragédies qui lui sont tombées dessus, sa force lui a permit de toujours remonter à la surface. Je suis également tombée sous le charme de Matthew avec ses beaux yeux bleus ! Mary et lui m'ont vraiment touchés, toujours à vouloir que l'autre aille bien sans penser à eux-même alors qu'il n'y a qu'ensemble qu'ils ne sont vraiment bien, bref !
 Enfin arrive les acteurs et leurs incroyables talents. J'ai donc adoré Michelle Dockery et Dan Stevens mais aussi, et bien évidemment, Maggie Smith. J'ai aussi beaucoup aimé retrouver Jessica Brown-Findlay que j'avais déjà pu voir dans la série Misfits.
Pour les points négatifs, je n'en vois pas vraiment ... Peut-être le départ de certains acteurs mais ça, personne n'y peu grand chose !

Pour conclure, si vous ne connaissez pas encore cette série, jetez vous dessus !!
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

Enregistrer un commentaire

© Until Lemons Blossom. Design by Fearne.